I was learning the technique where you join two strips of binding by sewing them right sides together at 45 degree angles on one end to make one long continuous strip.
I made blocks of completely different sizes just based on the scraps I had left and then set them in a sort of a frame (ish) pattern on the back of the quilt.
Scrappy Quilt Back
I just seemed to get small little folds in various places even thought I did try to follow the instructions and start from the middle and work my way out.
I briefly considered changing thread depending on which colour fabric I was quilting on but then I realised that would make a fairly strange multicoloured mess on the back.
When I went to quilt my scrappy quilt, I somehow got the bottom corner of the backing sort of squished up and therefore quilted down in the wrong place!
Covering up Mistakes
So instead I made a quilt label to cover the biggest exposed corner and hand sewed it down along with another white strip of fabric to cover the small area at the bottom that was also exposed.