My basic idea was to have different height strips of my colored fabrics attached at that 45 degree angle like a quilt binding and to have each colored strip framed by a white/off white background.
I made blocks of completely different sizes just based on the scraps I had left and then set them in a sort of a frame (ish) pattern on the back of the quilt.
I just seemed to get small little folds in various places even thought I did try to follow the instructions and start from the middle and work my way out.
I briefly considered changing thread depending on which color fabric I was quilting on but then I realized that would make a fairly strange multicolored mess on the back.
When I went to quilt my scrappy quilt, I somehow got the bottom corner of the backing sort of squished up and therefore quilted down in the wrong place!
So instead I made a quilt label to cover the biggest exposed corner and hand sewed it down along with another white strip of fabric to cover the small area at the bottom that was also exposed.